Anupam A Sule, MD
Chief Medical Informatics Officer and Medical Director of Outcomes, St Joseph Mercy Health System
Mohan Tanniru, PhD
Professor Emeritus of Decision Sciences, Oakland University, and Senior Investigator, Henry Ford Health System
Miron Stano, PhD
Professor of Economics and Management, Oakland University
The Journal of Hospital Management and Health Policy (J Hosp Manag Health Policy; JHMHP; online ISSN 2523-2533) would like to extend an invitation to submit your manuscript to the upcoming focused issue on Health Leadership - Innovation and Informatics for Reducing Patient Readmissions. As the official journal of Hospital Management Institute, Fudan University, JHMHP covers the latest practice, implementation experience and understanding of future trends related to hospital management and health policy.
The purpose of this special issue is to call on IS and healthcare researchers to submit research that addresses legacies influencing one particular healthcare challenge: patient readmissions. Unnecessary and avoidable hospital readmissions is a universal phenomenon that plagues all healthcare systems. They are often a by-product of lack of coordination among care facilities and providers inside and outside hospital settings. Factors contributing to coordination challenges include: lack of information sharing to support continuity of care management; inadequate use of data analytics to assess patient condition prior to admission; care transition strategies leveraging technologies; and training and engagement of patients, family members and the community at large to help patients self-manage their health conditions. We welcome studies conducted using a variety of methods including case studies, design science, empirical studies, and theory development.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organizational strategy and leadership addressing healthcare legacies
- Medical devices (e.g. wearables, IoT, health monitors) addressing gaps in clinical knowledge
- Innovative visualization of healthcare data for population health management
- Data analytics transforming preventive healthcare through disease and wellness management
- Optimized triage of patients for identifying the right sourcing of care
- Social media analytics addressing continuity of care options
- Online and patient-generated information that addresses patient fears and treatment gaps
- Security and patient privacy in coordinated care outside the hospital
- Telemedicine that transforms service models and enhances care coordination
- HIT-enabled care transformation in ambulatory, urgent and home fare contexts
Important notes for authors:
- The suggested deadline for your submission is January 31, 2020;
- All manuscripts are subject to the high standard of blind peer review;
- No publication fee is required for these invited articles.
- Before submission, authors should carefully read the detailed authors instruction: http://jhmhp.amegroups.com/public/system/jhmhp/jhmhp-instruction-for-authors.pdf;
- Authors can submit their articles through online system:http://jhmhp.amegroups.com/author/submit or contacting Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.